Step forward - catch up - get ahead!
Aside from being Mum to a hilarious, quirky, energy-ball - my Year 7 son! - Education is the topic closest to my heart. I'm a highly qualified Secondary English teacher who has taught in schools all over the world and loved seeing students blossom under my tutelage. I'm a published writer, an experienced editor and have worked right through all the Key Stages in my extensive career.
Since having my son, my educational interests have expanded to include the earlier years and I've worked as a booster teacher and intervention tutor with KS1 and KS2 children. I can confidently offer tuition in all Primary subjects - and in English at Secondary.
In addition to a First Class degree in English, certification to teach English as a foreign language and a P.G.C.E., I also hold a further postgraduate qualification in Psychology, which confers Graduate membership of the British Psychological Society. I have used C.B.T.-.based training to help learners overcome self-doubt and am particularly attuned to children on the autistic spectrum. Much of my work in Primary Schools involved teaching children with additional needs, supporting their emotional well-being and removing barriers to their learning.
My qualifications, coupled with over 20 years in education, help me to quickly identify the type of approach that will suit your child and build a relationship of trust and good-humour with them.
I don't just log on, teach your child and log off. I offer an ongoing, personalised quality package, tailored to your requirements.
- I listen to you and your child
- I conduct a free diagnostic to assess areas of strength and weakness
- I provide a short, familiarisation session at no charge
- I design a programme mapped to the National Curriculum or 11+ syllabus
- I deliver this learning online and suggest further practice and extension work for completion offline
- I measure your child's progress and provide regular feedback for parents